Legal Assistance From Our North Carolina Attorneys
Experienced Law Firm Working for You
Because today’s world is complex, concentrating on only one type of law is not sufficient to meet the varied needs of North Carolina residents. At Thomas Law, we take a multi-disciplinary approach to law. Because our attorneys have experience in diverse legal areas, we can provide quality counsel and representation to clients in a wide range of issues.
The Scope of Our Practice
Our lawyers serve individuals in Wilson and the surrounding communities seeking trusted legal advice and advocacy in a number of legal areas, including:
- Personal injury — If you or someone you love was injured as a result of another’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation. Compassionate with our clients and aggressive with the opposition, our attorneys are prepared to handle any personal injury case, including those involving car crashes, truck accidents, motorcycle crashes, premises liability and wrongful death.
- Criminal defense — A criminal charge affects not only the person arrested, but also his or her family. Our team of criminal defense lawyers represents clients charged with any state or federal misdemeanor or felony crime, including white-collar crimes, murder, DUI/DWI and drug offenses. In traffic violation cases, we represent clients at driver’s license hearings, working to protect their right to drive. We frequently represent clients in the district and superior courts.
- Family law — Recognizing how emotional family law matters can be, our legal team strives to help you through the issue at hand so you can move on with the next chapter of your life. We assist clients with all family law cases, including divorce, child custody, child support, child relocation and adoption.
- Workers’ compensation — If you were injured on-the-job, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Our lawyers will help you prove your injury is work-related, get the medical treatment you need and collect the benefits you deserve.
- Unemployment law — Our firm represents employees and employers in cases involving unemployment benefits.
- Handling of estates — Our legal team handles a range of matters involving clients’ estate planning, including wills, trusts, estate administration and probate.
- Social Security Disability — If a physical or mental disability prevents you from working, you may be entitled to Social Security Disability benefits. Whether you are filing a claim or your claim has been denied, we will use our extensive experience in this area to help you obtain the benefits you deserve.
- Civil litigation — Our attorneys represent clients in general civil litigation matters, including breach of contract, failure to pay, noncompete issues and more.
- Mediation and arbitration — One of our attorneys is certified as a mediator for superior court and family financial matters. Four of our other lawyers have all served or are currently serving as arbitrators in civil cases.
- Appeals — Our lawyers handle appeals to the North Carolina Court of Appeals and Supreme Court not only for our firm, but also for other firms that handled the original case.
Contact our Wilson legal team for dedicated assistance today
Whether you live in Rocky Mount, Goldsboro, or anywhere in North Carolina, call our attorneys at 252-360-1379 or 1-800-418-1449, or contact us online.
Our office is in downtown Wilson, next door to the Edna Boykin Cultural Center. Regular hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. If you cannot to come to our office, we will meet with you at another location.
Credit cards are accepted.